Close out summer with the return of Pig Island on Saturday, September 1st from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. As always, this annual event focuses on local farmers, chefs, brewers and vintners, bringing the best of New York State to New York City. This year’s Pig Island benefits Food Systems Network NYC and City Harvest. Come out and experience some of the best chefs from NYC, such as Anthony Sasso( Casa Mono ),John Stag( Dinosaur BBQ),Danny Mena, (Hecho en Dumbo ), George Weld & Evan Hanczor( Egg & Parish Hall), King Phojanakong (Kuma Inn & Umi Nom ), Joe Dobia ( JoeDoe & JoeDough ) and Jacques Gautier ( Palo Santo & Fort Reno ), and many more!
The fun filled day features:
- Butchering and cooking demos brought to you by Wüsthof.
- 25 of the best chefs in the 5 boroughs going (ahem) hog wild with local pigs.
- Great local craft beer by Sixpoint providing custom brews.
- Exclusive wine and cider offerings from the best of New York State, North Fork, and the Finger Lakes.
- Veggie Pavilion brought to you by Cathy Erway.
- Music all day with live bands.
WHERE: Governor’s Island, New York, NY
WHEN: September 1, 11:30am-5pm
Buy your all inclusive tickets now and save $15 off the general admission price – that’s only $70.00 for yummy pork and brews all day long at beautiful Colonel’s Row on Governors Island.
For more information, or to buy tickets, click here.