LUNAFEST

 

NewYorklogo950This Wednesday, February 6th LUNAFEST, a touring film festival that honors the talents and stories of women everywhere through a series of short films, is coming to NYC. Guests will view a 90 minute program of films by, for and about women. Since 2000, LUNAFEST films have shown in more than 150 venues throughout the U.S. and Canada.

With a vision of uniting women through film, LUNAFEST was established by LUNA®, makers of the irresistible nutrition bars, to simultaneously promote women filmmakers, raise awareness for women’s issues, and support worthy women’s nonprofit organizations. All net proceeds from LUNAFEST are donated to charity. 85% of profits are donated to local nonprofit organizations while the remaining 15% goes to LUNA’s primary cause partner, the Breast Cancer Fund, an organization dedicated to identifying and advocating for the elimination of environmental causes of the disease.

LUNAFEST films range from animation to fictional drama, and cover topics such as women’s health, motherhood, body image, relationships, cultural diversity and breaking barriers. The films are selected by an outside board of advisors comprised of notable filmmakers and industry leaders.

NewYorklogo9501

To date, 101 filmmakers have been featured, and nearly $1.5 million dollars has been raised for worthwhile women’s organizations.

Event Details:

When: Wednesday, February 6th, 6pm

Where: Tribeca Cinemas, 54 Varick Street New York, NY 10013

Tickets: $40 per person, $20 for students. To purchase tickets, click here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s